Roads, Bridges and Highways
At SMEC, we understand that the future of transport is changing. With the availability of driverless cars a matter of ‘when’, not ‘if’, we are looking ‘beyond the now’ into the three, five, and even ten-year future, investigating ways to future-proof transport infrastructure investments to minimise the risk of them being redundant or severely underutilised when autonomous vehicles become commonplace.
Our global team combines their technical nous with the latest digital innovations to deliver end-to-end expertise across road, bridge and highway projects, and we will continue to embrace new technologies to ensure we are best placed to adapt to the trends that are changing the landscape of roads, bridges and highways worldwide.
Using our skills in transportation planning, design program management and asset support services, we help our clients to develop, expand, reconstruct and rehabilitate roads, bridges and highways around the world. In addition, we offer advice on a range of Intelligent Transport Systems, including real-time public transport passenger information systems and traffic control systems.
Our bridge solutions extends to a range of bridge types including cantilever segmental bridges, steel box and conventional girder bridges, railway under-and-over bridges, major concrete arch bridges and cable stayed bridges.
Our expertise across roads, bridges and highways includes:
- Strategic and network planning
- Feasibility studies and toll concessions
- Road route selection and corridor assessments
- Public transport planning, needs analysis and route selection
- Road concept and detailed design
- Bridge and civil structural design
- Hydrology and stormwater management design for transport infrastructure
- Geotechnical engineering and pavement design
- Traffic impact analysis and traffic management
- Traffic signalling and management control systems
- Road Safety Assessments
- Condition assessments, reviews of structural design life and structure rehabilitation programs
“SMEC’s project management approach was excellent. They worked hard to understand and deliver our objectives and provided excellent value for money.”
Department of Transport and Main Roads