SMEC has provided geotechnical engineering and geological services on a diverse range of ground conditions, for transport projects for over 40 years.
Our team of geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists and numerical modellers deliver tailored solutions to meet individual project and client requirements.
Our expertise covers all aspects of geotechnical and geological engineering, from planning, investigation and feasibility studies, through to design, construction surveillance and operations and maintenance.
Our skills include soft ground engineering, underground space development, soil-structure interaction and slope assessment and design.
We provide a range of geotechnical services including:
- Geotechnical investigation and interpretation
- Geological mapping and assessment
- Geotechnical analysis and design
- Numerical modelling
- Construction site services
- Instrumentation and monitoring
- Project management and delivery