SMEC remains at the forefront of advancements in the water resources industry and has a wealth of experience in the study, design, development and monitoring of total water quality plans.
Through a multi-disciplinary team of planners, scientists and engineers we provide tailored and innovative solutions on a range of water resource projects, which include:
- Integrated water resources management and modelling
- Groundwater and catchment management
- Environmental flow studies
- Wetland management
- Climate change adaptation
We offer water resources planning for all levels of water projects, from local water supply through to hydroelectric scheme planning and dam safety assessments.
In addition, we specialise in the design of water resources structures, including dams, spillways, fishways, drains and culverts.
Our integrated team of experts have refined our core water resources service offering which includes:
- Basin planning and flood studies
- Flood plain management
- Hydrological and hydraulic modelling
- Hydropower planning
- Hydrological and geotechnical investigations
- Water quality and topographic surveys