Funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the objective of the Assam Power Sector Enhancement Investment Program (APSEIP) is to facilitate additional power transfers, strengthen power transmission capacity, improve regional access to electricity and enhance the quality and reliability of power supply in Assam State.
APSEIP will also ensure the financial health of the power sector through continued reform.
The APSEIP comprises investment components in transmission and distribution systems, substations and capacity building.
These components are being implemented in three tranches:
- Tranche 1: Transmission Capacity Expansion, Transmission Loss Reduction and Capacity Development
- Tranche 2: Transmission Capacity Expansion, Transmission Loss Reduction
- Tranche 3: Access to Power, Distribution Loss Reduction and Distribution franchising through Public-Private-Partnership (PPP)
SMEC is providing design review, project management, supervision and support for Tranches 1-3 of the Assam Power Sector Enhancement Investment Program.
SMEC’s scope of work comprises the design review of sub projects under Tranche 1 and Tranche 2 including:
- Three new 220/132 kV and 11 new 132/33 kV substations
- 715 km of Optical Ground Wire (OPGW)
- 450 km of transmission line
- Augmentation of 11220/132 kV substations
SMEC will also review project schedules and monitoring of field activities of the various subprojects; prepare all OPGW bid documentation, designs, specifications, drawings, contract and commercial conditions; and provide construction supervision assistance during project implementation.
- Technical Area:
- Assam State Electricity Board