SMEC is providing construction supervision services for this project.
SMEC’s scope of work includes:
- Undertaking detailed engineering design review
- Ensure that the construction methods proposed by the contractor for carrying out the works are satisfactory
- Construction equipment inspection
- Ensure “as built” drawings are prepared by the contractors for all works as construction progresses
- Ensure road safety design requirements are implemented
- Develop quality assurance system and quality control plan
- Ensure project financial management procedures are in place and are strictly followed
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of Environmental Mitigation Plan (EMP) and the Land Acquisition and Resettlement Plan (LARP)
- Undertake project performance monitoring, evaluation and reporting
This project forms part of the CAREC Corridor 3 project and connects Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan, with Shymkent, one of Kazakhstan's major industrial cities.
Project scope of work comprises the rehabilitation of a 38 km four-lane asphalt paved section of the Shymkent-Tashkent roadway in Kazakhstan.
Key components of the project include:
- Replacement of asphalt pavement
- Reducing vertical gradients to improve safety and accessibility
- Replacement of culverts and drainage structures
- Construction of seven underpasses
- Rehabilitation of one interchange
- Installation of roadside lighting
- Technical Area:
- Committee for Roads, Ministry of Investments and Development, Kazakhstan