SMEC is providing design, project management and procurement support and construction supervision services to the Ministry of Meteorology, Energy Information, Disaster Management, Environment, Climate Change and Communication (MEIDECCC), and the Climate Change division.
SMEC's services include:
- Reviewing existing reports and design documents
- Reconnaissance inspections, survey and investigations
- Preparation of marine landings inventory
- Environmental and social safeguards assessments
- Preparation of bid documents for sub-projects
- Reviewing procurement and delivery program
- Preparation of contract documents
- Quality Assurance Quality Control (QA/QV) management
- Schedule, progress and financial management
- Monitoring of environmental and social impact activities
The Climate Resilience Sector Project (CRSP) aims to mainstream climate resilience into government planning and focuses on the most vulnerable sectors and communities in Tonga.
This project will help to improve resilience in economic, social, and natural eco-systems to climate change and disaster risk in the island nation.
The project comprises five outputs:
- Output 1: Ensuring climate resilience is mainstreamed into development planning of key vulnerable sectors
- Output 2: Improving capacity to monitor and manage Tonga climate data and information
- Output 3: Establishing a sustainable financing mechanism to support community based climate change adaptation responsive investments
- Output 4: Increasing eco-system resilience and climate infrastructure investments
- Output 5: Ensuring the project is successfully managed and implemented
- Technical Area: