SMEC undertook a feasibility study, detailed engineering designs and an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment for four drainage systems (Lubigi, Kansanga, Mayanja and Gaba/Kinawataka).
Our services included:
- Topographic Surveys
- Geotechnical investigations
- Hydrological and hydraulic designs
- Flood Risk Analysis and Flood Estimation
- Structural, engineering and landscape design
- Preparation of Resettlement Action Plan.
The objective of this project is to improve drainage infrastructure in order to reduce flooding, prevent water pollution, improve traffic flow and contribute to the socio-economic development of Kampala, Uganda’s capital city.
- Technical Area:
- Kampala Capital City Authority