SMEC completed an assessment of the maintenance management strategy for MWCC. The assessment was to ensure the strategy supported the efficient and effective deployment of equipment in the Gulf of Mexico.
A review of the work management framework, organisation structure and training and communications identified the recommended actions:
- Development of a maintenance management strategy
- Review of master data standards to ensure legacy data aligns for consistency and improves automation of schedules for sequential maintenance activities
- Development of work management key processes to effectively deliver maintenance activities
- KPIs to measure against continuous improvement
- Reconfiguration of SAP specifications to align to the business process
- Competency matrix to identify users, core process competencies and security role mapping
- Design and delivery of a training program for the new scheduling methods to the relevant personnel.
- Training materials for SAP training documentation to support the business process.
Marine Well Containment Company (MWCC) is an independent company providing well containment equipment and technology in the deepwater U.S. Gulf of Mexico.
During 2012 MWCC engaged SMEC to assist with the development and implementation of a maintenance management system to ensure proper preservation and maintenance of MWCC’s containment equipment.
- Technical Area:
- Resources & Industry
- Marine Well Containment Company