SMEC is providing community consultation, design and engineering services that includes:
- Environmental, social and economic assessments
- Stakeholder consultation and community engagement
- Concept engineering and design
- Detail design for electrical, civil, structural and geotechnical aspects
- Electrical modelling
- Electrical grid assessments
- Geotechnical and electrical resistivity testing
- Project development support
- Project management and commissioning
Successful application of this project has the potential to catalyse a new wave of renewable energy investment in other fringe-of-grid locations, and will also provide valuable learnings for solar applications in remote, tropical locations.
Normanton 5 MW Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Power Station is the first stage in a proposed portfolio of power generation infrastructure that aims to reduce transmission line energy losses and facilitate additional network capacity in regional Queensland.
Normanton Power Station will utilise proven solar technology and efficient construction practices, while delivering seamless integration into Ergon Energy’s Electricity grid.
- Technical Area:
- Scouller Energy