SMEC has been engaged to provide design review, project management and construction supervision services on the Puge to Tabora Road Upgrade.
SMEC’s scope of work includes:
- Design review and modifications as required
- Supervision of the works contract to ensure compliance with approved design, drawings, specifications and contract conditions
- Preparation of final construction and project completion reports
- Supervision of maintenance activities
- Training for Client Engineers.
Located in the Tabora region of Tanzania, this project forms part of the Mid-West Corridor, that connects the TANZAM Highway Corridor to the Central Corridor, providing an essential transport link for Tanzania.
Project scope includes: the upgrade of the existing two-lane gravel road from Puge to Tabora to bitumen standard and construction of multiple cell box and pipe culverts.
Upon completion, this project will help to reduce travel time, improve safety and boost economic growth in the region.
- Technical Area:
- Government of Tanzania