Graduates and EarlyCareers at SMEC
Design your impact
2022 Graduate Development Program
Design your impact
At SMEC we bring together some of the world’s greatest pool of specialist expertise, we’re challenging boundaries to maxamise the potential of advanced infrastructure and energy projects. Whether it’s maximising the potential of advanced hydropower projects or challenging boundaries on iconic transport infrastructure we’re applying our expertise to innovate, creatively solve and ultimately deliver projects on a mind blowing scale that genuinely create a better world, for today and tomorrow.
Diversity is in our DNA
Commitment to environmentally sensitive solutions
Using leading technology to deliver innovative solutions
Global network of leading industry specialists
Award winning Graduate Development Program
Our Graduate Program provides you with:
- Supportive and inspiring mentors
- Structured, award winning Graduate Development Program
- Friendly and collaborative team environment
- Wide ranging and diverse graduate community
- Time allocated to participating in SMEC sponsored volunteer events
- Exposure to best practice science and engineering on major projects
- Continuous personal and professional development throughout your career
- Access to industry events, CPD days and continuous networking opportunities
- Support and funding to encourage you on your journey to become a Chartered Engineer
ANZ Undergraduate Summer Program
We’ll support your education journey and help you achieve your career aspirations.
Every year we invite the brightest and most inquisitive Science and Engineering students to complete their industrial work placement with us. Our ANZ Undergraduate Summer Program connects you to our senior engineers and mentors, and gives you exposure to significant projects. You’ll be supported to develop your skills and gain practical experience in your field of study.
This paid internship, designed for students in their third or penultimate year of study (2nd last year of their degree), is perfect for an undergraduate interested in learning about how their academic knowledge translates into real world problem solving.
The program begins after the university exam period in November and runs for 12 weeks.
Key Dates for 2022
Graduate 2022 Intake
Opens 14th March 2022 & closes 29th July 2022
Applications will remain open until all spots are filled
Summer Interns (Third and penultimate year undergraduate students)
Opens 29th August 2022 & closes 28th October 2022
Applications will remain open until all spots are filled. We look for graduates all year round, for graduate enquiries within Australia and New Zealand, please email or view view open positions here.