SMEC started operations in Vietnam in 1970 and in 1994 established a permanent base in Hanoi. In 2008, SMEC also opened a second office in Ho Chi Minh City. SMEC’s first project in Vietnam was the Tam Phuong Water Control Project, which aimed to improve drainage and salinity control for 6,000 ha of fertile agricultural land.
Since then, SMEC have worked on a number of key projects throughout Vietnam, including:
- Engineering design and construction supervision for the upgrade of 600 km of national roads in the northern and central regions;
- Consulting services on the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) Southern Coastal Corridor Project;
- Feasibility study for My Thuan Bridge;
- Technical design review on Dong Nai Three and Four Hydropower Projects;
- Project management and construction supervision for the Son La Hydropower project,
- Hydro peaking study for the Tri An Hydro Project;
- Consultant's Service Contract for Construction Supervision for the Vietnam Road Asset Management Project;
- Detailed Design and Documentation on Northern Mountain Provinces Transport Connectivity Project.
From early 2018, SMEC has been supporting private sector clients with a specific focus in manufacturing and renewable energy, including solar and wind, and water treatment/supply projects with a full range of consultancy services including Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (including management planning), Technical Due Diligence, Feasibility Studies, Owner’s Engineering and Project Management Consultancy.
Our services support the full project lifecycle, conform with international performance standards and guidance, and follow local rules and regulations in Vietnam.
We bring exceptional International expertise that is complemented by strong on-the-ground knowledge.
SMEC aligns local knowledge with global expertise to address the needs of its diverse client base, and has delivered thousands of projects in more than 100 countries, including Vietnam.
We're redefining exceptional
Through our specialist expertise, we’re challenging boundaries to deliver advanced transport and energy infrastructure solutions.
Leveraging our 70-year history of delivering nation-building infrastructure, we provide technical expertise and advanced engineering services to resolve complex challenges within roads, highways, rail, metro, airports, hydropower and renewable energy markets.
Through our network of global specialists and by collaborating with local partners, we connect you with the best teams and capabilities to deliver highly innovative and sustainable solutions.
We draw on the skills and experience from across the Surbana Jurong Group to offer enhanced capabilities and reach, delivering a complete value chain of services across Urban Development, Infrastructure and Management Services.