SMEC and RITES to deliver General Consultancy services on Haryana Orbital Rail
The Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor (HORC) is a broad-gauge double railway line for freight and passengers. The new rail will span 122 km across Delhi's western periphery, boosting economic development and social mobility.
In our role as General Consultant, the SMEC RITES JV will oversee the management and implementation of the project, whilst adding knowledge transfer and capability to the client team.
A key aspect of our tender was the inclusion of an enhanced Project Management Information System, alongside a sustainable and cost-effective delivery strategy. Leveraging our joint history of collaboration, the team will deploy customised reporting tools to improve interface management and minimise risk.
SMEC Executive Director Andrew McKune said,
“We are thrilled to collaborate with Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation, together we are committed to delivering best-in-class infrastructure. Haryana Orbital Rail will showcase safety, sustainability, and efficiency – vastly improving connectivity for passengers and freight across the entire region.”
Project funding has been secured from the Asian Infrastructure Bank, with detailed alignment review and land acquisition already underway.
- Optimised transit of goods, along dedicated freight corridors.
- Polycentric growth among Haryana industrial Hubs including Prithala, Kharkhouda, Manesar and Sohna.
- Improved peripheral connectivity to reduce pressure on Delhi’s rail and road networks.
- A catalyst for transport orientated development increasing amenity for impacted communities.
Key elements of the SMEC RITES scope:
- Review of the detailed project report.
- Project management, supervision and monitoring of civil infrastructure works.
- Supervision of electrical & mechanical, solar, power supply, traction, signalling, and telecommunication systems.
- Preparation of the procurement strategy and bid process management for consultants and contractors
- Contract Management and Compliance.
- Review of design and technical specifications.
- System integration and interface management.
- Testing and commissioning with Operation & Maintenance support during the Defect Liability Period.
SMEC has been appointed by TNB Power Generation Sdn Bhd (TPGSB) to carry out the repair and mitigation works of Kenyir Dam in Malaysia.Read More
IPSL has engaged the services of SMEC to conduct a pre-feasibility study for the Mano Kongo Hydroelectric Project.Read More
Madrid Footbridge Conference 2022 was held 7-9 September and is the continuation of a series that started in Paris in 2002, and then hosted by locations such as Porto, Venice, Wroclaw, London and Berlin.Read More
Lae Tidal Basin Phase 2 Infrastructure Development Works are part of a 30-year masterplan developed by PNG Ports Corporation Limited (PNGPCL) to increase port capacity and catalyse industrial and commercial development in the region.Read More