SMEC was engaged as Project Management Consultant (PMC) to undertake the following activities:
- Review project design standards and specifications, detailed design and drawings
- Prepare a quality plan detailing quality objectives, duties and functions
- Ensure all works comply with testing and environmental requirements
- Quality audits of contractors quality systems and procedures
- Road safety audit
- Contract administration
- Assessment of tenders
- Supervision of Dusti border crossing post upgrading works
- Development of road databank
This project comprises highway upgrading, modernisation of border crossing infrastructure facilities and institutional strengthening of road sector operations.
Project scope of works includes:
- Upgrading the existing two-lane single carriageway to a four-lane dual carriageway highway between West Gate on the outskirts of Dushanbe and Tursunzade
- Upgrading a two-lane single carriageway between Tursunzade and the Uzbekistan border crossing near Dusti
- Building improvements at the Dusti border crossing site to include parking for cars, buses and trucks, provision of a covered walkway across the border zone and lighting and power supply upgrades.
- Modernisation of the Dusti border crossing including equipment upgrades (communication equipment, mobile vehicle scanner and a site weighbridge) to enable 24 hour operation of the post providing improved border security.
- Strengthening the institutional capacities of road sector operations in the Ministry of Transport and Communications
- Technical Area:
- Ministry of Transport, Tajikistan