SMEC was selected to assist with establishing the core processes and common metrics at the copper mine, which included:
- Updating equipment strategies and project management plans to ensure all common data is reliable and relevant
- Effective training and coaching in the new system’s core processes to over 1,200 users
- Change management plan applied to ensure all common data and core processes are supported by one integrated effective system (SAP).
At the end of the contract we delivered:
- Reliable data and performance transparency to improve cost management across the company’s operations
- Removed all unnecessary complexity and expense
- Improved availability of tools and information to meet best practice level
- Ability to leverage learnings and best practice improvements in all business areas
- Reduction of non-value added tasks
- Tasks efficiency improved through better data accessibility.
One of the world’s largest resource company was undertaking a company-wide business transformation to establish common, efficient core processes supported by SAP across more than 100 operating assets.
This initiative included a copper mine in northern Chile, one of the world’s largest producer of copper concentrate and cathodes.
- Technical Area:
- Resources & Industry