SMEC is providing a full suite of integrated technical engineering services to support the development of station precincts.
- Traffic and transport (including active and passive transport)
- Pedestrian movement modelling related to crowd and event day dispersion and connectivity to local places of significance
- Hydraulics (stormwater and sewer)
- Structural (structures and spans)
- Vertical transportation
- Geotechnical investigations
- Waste management
- Demand profile and recreational networks.
Project OverviewThe $5.4 billion Cross River Rail project is a 10.2 km rail line between Dutton Park and Bowen Hills that includes a 5.9 km tunnel under the Brisbane River and Brisbane CBD. The project includes construction of four new high-capacity underground stations (Boggo Road, Woolloongabba, Albert Street, Roma Street) and redevelopment of two existing overground stations (Dutton Park and Exhibition) which will be used by 164,000 passengers a day. Each new station will generate opportunities for property development and economic growth in these inner-city precincts.
- Technical Area:
- Urban Renewal, Transport Oriented Development
- Cross River Rail Delivery Authority