SMEC was engaged as the Design, Construction, Supervision and Management (DCSM) support consultant responsible for review of the project plan, preparation of detailed engineering designs, health and safety compliance, community consultation and construction supervision of the water supply and sanitation scheme components.
These components included:
- Impounding reservoirs at Vavuniya and Puttalam and a low level weir at Chilaw
- 12,000 cubic metres per day water treatment plants at Chilaw, Puttalam and Vavuniya
- Six water distribution ground reservoirs and four water towers
- 130 km of transmission mains and 550 km of distribution networks.
The Government of Sri Lanka is implementing a project to improve water supply and sanitation in four districts of north and northwest Sri Lanka, namely Chilaw, Puttalam, Mannar and Vavuniya.
Project scope includes:
- Water resources development
- Rehabilitation and construction of water treatment facilities
- Implementation of water and leak detection programs
- Improvements to household sanitation and sewage management
This project will help increase access to safe drinking water and improve water supply and sanitation services in Chilaw, Puttalam, Mannar and Vavuniya.
- Sri Lanka
- Technical Area:
- The Government of Sri Lanka