SMEC was engaged to provide design review, construction supervision and project services on the project.
SMEC’s scope of work includes:
- Design review and modifications as required
- Design of Dumila Junction parking facility
- Supervision of the works contract to ensure compliance with approved design, drawings, specifications and contract conditions
- Preparation of final construction and project completion reports
- Supervision of maintenance activities
- Training for Client Engineers.
This project comprises the upgrade of the Dumila-Kilosa-Mikumi Road to bitumen standard.
Located in the Morogoro Region, this road serves as the main link between the northern regions of Tanga, Kilimanjaro and Arusha with the southern highland regions of Iringa and Mbeya.
The road bypasses the Mikumi National Park and traverses through a number of sisal estates and cattle ranches.
Upon completion, this project will provide a safe, reliable transport link, helping to improve economic development in the region. The road will also help to reduce the number of wildlife accidents and provide local communities with increased access to services.
- Technical Area: