Our RoleSMEC provided capacity building and institutional strengthening and support to the Ethiopian Roads Authority with the execution of the Technical Cooperation Program.
The overall objective of this project is to assist the Government of Ethiopia in fighting poverty through the development of an effective road network to improve access to basic services and markets.
This project will support the Ethiopian Roads Authority with the execution of the Technical Cooperation Program (TCP) and the implementation of EU Road Sector Budge Support in Ethiopia.
The TCP is aligned to the budget support strategy and aimed at addressing the current weaknesses of the road sector policy.
The TCP will encompass capacity building and visibility actions in four areas, namely:
- Support to the domestic construction industry with a specific focus on the Universal Rural Road Access Program (URRAP) implementation
- Improve the operational capacity of the Office of the Road Fund
- Strengthen the capacity of the National Road Safety Council
- Support to the ERA Research Centre to enhance the RSDP implementation.
- Technical Area:
- Ethiopian Roads Authority