SMEC was initially engaged to provide specialist technical and contractual support under an Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract. SMEC was subsequently engaged to assist with both the EPC and Operation and Maintenance contracts.
SMEC’s scope of work included:
- Assistance with negotiations for the main Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contract
- Provision and advise on tender documents, general conditions, employer’s requirements and technical specifications
- Review of design documents and drawings for compliance with the provisions of the EPC Contract
- Review of design proposals for suitability to meet future commercial, operational and maintenance requirements
- Assistance with preparing and finalising Interface Agreements with Terminal Stations Management, Developers, Local Authorities and Third Parties
- Regular reports to Management Committee and Board Meetings on progress of negotiations of preliminary and advance infrastructure construction works
This project comprises a 57 km express rail link between the centre of Kuala Lumpur and the international airport. The Express Rail Link (ERL) operates a 24 hour direct express rail link, with a journey time of less than 30 minutes, and a commuter rail service serving intermediate towns.
- Technical Area:
- Express Rail Link Sdn Bhd