SMEC was engaged to provide a training and development specialist to assist in the mid-term review of the Fiji Police Training Project.
SMEC’s services included:
- Analysis of training courses
- Review of training approaches
- Assessment of curriculum design
The objective of the three year Fiji Police Training Project was to provide a more effective training function in order to upgrade professional skills throughout the Fiji Police Service.
The first phase of the project focused on institutional strengthening and restructuring to establish a more effective training function.
The second phase delivered improved training and on-going support to project management, including the introduction of specialised training.
Key project outcomes included:
- Creation of a training infrastructure at the Fiji Police Academy
- Development of a strategic plan for police training
- Enhancement of human resource management and capacity through a comprehensive review of the organisational structure and work practices
- Technical Area:
- Education Governance & Government Advisory