SMEC undertook a feasibility study establish the technical, financial and environmental viability of the project, provided bankable study reports to secure project funding and prepared tender documents.
Key services included:
- Review of existing reports
- Transmission line route selection
- Load forecast
- Power system modelling
- Transmission line and substation design
- Financial and economic analysis
- Technology transfer.
This project forms part of the Government’s efforts to meet the growing demand for electricity and improve coverage and reliability of electricity supply in Uganda.
The proposed project comprises:
- Construction of a 70 km long 220 kV Hoima-Kafu transmission line
- Construction of two 20 km long 33 kV transmission lines from Kafu substation
- Construction of Kafu substation and extension of Hoima substation
SMEC undertook a feasibility study for the transmission lines and associated substations to establish the technical, financial and environmental viability of the project.
- Technical Area:
- Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited