SMEC’s scope of work included:
- Preparation of tender documents
- Assistance with contract negotiation and preparation of contracts
- Preparation of a project implementation schedule
- Ensure project works are compliant with the contract plan and specifications
- Equipment and materials testing
- Preparation of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
- Training for client employees
- Project completion reports.
Following a detailed assessment of the power supply in Juba, proposals for the rehabilitation and expansion of Juba distribution networks were put in place.
The main objective of this project is to strengthen the distribution networks in Juba in order to increase the supply and reliability of the power distribution system.
Project scope includes: the replacement of the current 11 kV Medium Voltage (MV) lines with 33 kV MV lines; construction of additional 33 kV MV lines to supply new development areas; and the construction of new 415/230 volt overhead lines to extend electricity supply to new development areas.
The lines will be constructed with Aerial Bundle Cable (ABC) mounted on pre-stress concrete poles.
On completion, this project will increase access to electricity help to improve quality of life for local communities, promote local business and contribute to economic growth in South Sudan.
- South Sudan
- Technical Area:
- South Sudan Electricity Corporation