SMEC was engaged by the Government of Kuwait as Lead Consultant in the completion of a Stormwater Master Planning Study.
SMEC’s services included:
- Assessment of existing data
- Detailed engineering surveys
- Development of a stormwater Geographic Information System (GIS) database
- An Impervious Area and Topographic Survey
- A Regional Hydrogeological Assessment
- Verification of the hydrologic and hydraulic models
- A study of sea outlets and their protection against tidal sediment transport
- A master plan for stormwater flows
- Preliminary and detailed designs.
This project involved upgrading and improving the existing stormwater drainage systems in Kuwait in order to:
- Eliminate issues caused by flooding
- Establish appropriate drainage infrastructure for future projects under the Kuwait Master Plan Development
- Identify a remediation strategy for addressing rising groundwater levels throughout the city.
- Technical Area:
- Ministry of Public Works, Kuwait