SMEC, as project engineer, was responsible for the following scope of works:
- Functional design of electrical ancillaries and distribution systems
- Design and specifications for gensets, fuel supply system, transformers and panels procurement of all components
- Inspection during manufacture
- Installation of all components
- Supervision of commissioning
This objective of this project was to increase the power generation capacity of the existing Honiara power station, in order to increase energy access across the Solomon Islands.
Project scope of work included engineering design, procurement, installation and commissioning of three new 1.6 MW perkins diesel engine gensets.
Lungga Power Company, a consortium established for project implementation, was responsible for project delivery.
- Solomon Islands
- Technical Area:
- Solomon Islands Electricity Authority