SMEC provided engineering, procurement and construction management services.
Our scope of work included:
- Overall plant layout development and general arrangement
- Civil, structural, mechanical and electrical works
- Communication system
- CCTV system
- Fuel treatment and handling system as per technology provider’s specification
- Ash handling system
- Fluegas cleaning system
- Water treatment plant
- Service and potable water systems
- Compressed air system (plant air & instrument air)
- Plant electrical system including transformers and switchgear
- Earthing and lightning protection system
- Plant lighting, control and instrumentation system
- Testing and commissioning of the entire plant.
The Langkawi Incinerator disposes of 100 tonnes of waste per day and runs on power generated by solid waste. The waste heat is converted to 1 MW of electricity. The main features of the plant included waste separation systems, rotary kilns, waste heat recovery boilers, air pollution control systems and a fully condensing steam turbine generator.
- Technical Area:
- XCN Technology Sdn Bhd