SMEC has been engaged to provide design review, project management and construction supervision services on the Nzega to Puge Road Upgrade.
SMEC’s scope of work includes:
- Design review and modifications as required
- Supervision of the works contract to ensure compliance with approved design, drawings, specifications and contract conditions
- Preparation of final construction and project completion reports
- Supervision of maintenance activities
- Training for Client Engineers.
This project comprises the upgrade to bitumen standard of 58 km of a two-lane gravel road from Nzega to Puge and a 6 km section of the Nzega southern bypass.
The project forms part of the overall Nzega-Tabora Road Upgrade, with the objective to provide a safe, reliable, all-weather road from Nzega to Tabora and reduce travel time and traffic congestion in Nzega.
The Nzega-Tabora Road provides a vital link to other major cities and municipalities in Tanzania, including Shinyanga, Mwanza, Singida, Dodoma, Morogoro and Dar es Salaam.
Upon completion, this project will help to reduce travel time between Nzega and Puge from two hours to one hour (during dry season).
- Technical Area:
- Government of Tanzania