SMEC, in conjunction with Joint Venture (JV) partners provided the following services:
- Project Management, design coordination and quality assurance
- Transport and traffic studies
- Economic and financial analysis
- Social Impact Assessment (SIA) and analysis
- Land Acquisition Plan (LAP)
- Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
- Indigenous People’s Plan (IPP)
- Preparation of Projects following ADB guideline based on feasibility studies
- Detailed Engineering design
- Preparation of bidding documents
Funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the Regional Cooperation and Integration (RCI) Project – Rail Component was undertaken to assist the Government of Bangladesh to conduct feasibility studies on seven proposed rail projects, totalling 900 km in length. Detailed design on three of these projects was also undertaken.
The overall objective of the project was to increase railway line capacity and improve safety through the construction of new rail links, strengthening existing bridges, procurement of rolling stock and improvement of signalling systems.
Following feasibility studies, four projects were implemented, totalling 600 km in length.
- Technical Area: