SMEC was engaged to provide design review, construction supervision and project services on the project.
SMEC’s scope of work includes:
- Design review and modifications as required
- Supervision of the works contract to ensure compliance with approved design, drawings, specifications and contract conditions
- Preparation of final construction and project completion reports
- Supervision of maintenance activities
- Training for Client Engineers.
The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) has entered into two contracts to undertake the rehabilitation of the Isaka-Lusahunga Road (242 km) to bitumen standard.
Works have been divided into two contract packages, Lot 1: Isaka-Ushirombo (132 km) and Lot 2: Ushirombo-Lusahunga (110 km). Project works are located in two regions of western Tanzania: Shinyanga and Kagera, approximately 200 km from Rusomo on the Tanzania-Rwanda border.
Project scope of work comprises: widening the current road and the existing road cross section; improving the current road with a bitumen sealed asphalt concrete surface; laying new concrete pipe and box culverts; and the rehabilitation of existing drainage structures.
This road improvement project is part of the Government’s strategy to improve Tanzania’s road networks in order to boost economic development.
- Technical Area:
- The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania