SMEC was engaged to provide project supervision and management services on the Scaling Up Energy Access Project in Rwanda. SMEC will review, update and finalise the design and specifications and assist the client during the tendering process.
SMEC’s scope of work includes:
- Review of design and tender documents
- Provision of a surveying and topographic map for the new Rulindo substation site
- Provision of a route survey of the existing 110 kV transmission line
- Preparation of bid evaluation reports
- Assist with the preparation of contract documents
- Supervision of progress, test and commissioning procedures
- Construction supervision.
Funded by the African Development Bank, this project is implemented by the Government of Rwanda’s Energy, Water and Sanitation Authority, through the Electricity Access Rollout Program (EARP).
This project will help to increase access to cost-effective electricity services, improve the reliability of electricity supply and strengthen the institutional capacity of electricity providers in the northern and western provinces of Rwanda.
Project scope includes:
- Rehabilitation and upgrade of an existing substation at Gifurwe
- Construction of a new substation at Rulindo
- Construction of 30 kv and 0.4 kv distribution lines
- Electricity connections for 25,000 households and priority public institutions.
- Technical Area:
- Rwanda Energy, Water and Sanitation Authority