SMEC was engaged as Management Support Consultant to ensure successful, timely and efficient implementation of the RDP. This was achieved through capacity building of the Solomon Islands Government's (SIG) central agencies involved in program implementation.
SMEC’s services included:
- Capacity building
- Technical guidance and supervision
- Quality control of all works
- Of all financial management activities
- Quality control of all communication and training activities
The objective of the Solomon Islands Rural Development Program (RDP) is to raise the living standards of rural households by establishing improved mechanisms for the delivery of economic and social infrastructure and services.
The successful completion of this project provided improved access to infrastructure and services to approximately 300,000 people, 60% of the population.
- Solomon Islands
- Technical Area:
- Education Governance & Government Advisory
- Ministry of Development Planning and Aid Coordination