SMEC was engaged in a joint venture with GHD to provide design services for OHL Construction Pacific in the tender design bid for Southern Corridor Improvements.
SMEC's scope of work covered:
- Coastal processes
- Intelligent traffic system
- Motorway widening
- Additional lanes in both directions
- 16 major structures
- Upgraded grade separated interchange
- Working within a rail corridor
- 4.5 km shared use pedestrian/cycle path
- Architectural designed overbridge
- Urban design and landscape works.
- New Zealand
- Technical Area:
- OHL Construction Pacific