SMEC is providing technical assistance to the project including:
- Design review
- Preparation of tender documents
- Construction supervision
- Capacity building and training of SALWACO employees
- Financial management
- Facilitation of community engagement
- Procurement and contract management
- Environmental and social management.
To lay the foundation for poverty reduction and sustainable economic growth, and progress towards achieving Millennium Development Goals, the Government of Sierra Leone is prioritising sustainable water supply and sanitation.
This project aims to provide improved access to adequate, safe and reliable water supply and public sanitation services in three towns, namely Bo, Kenema, and Makeni, in Sierra Leone.
The project will also enhance the operational and management capabilities of the Sierra Leone Water Company (SALWACO).
- Sierra Leone
- Technical Area:
- Project Implementation (PIU) and Sierra Leone Water Company (SALWACO)