At SMEC, we believe that a participatory approach, involving all key stakeholders, is essential to sustained community development. As such, we develop partnership strategies to ensure projects are manageable and sustainable.
We work closely with key community-based organisations, non-government organisations and government departments to deliver the best possible outcome for community development projects.
Our service offering covers the entire lifecycle of a community development project, from initial concept, feasibility, planning and design, through to project management, construction supervision and operation and maintenance.
We provide sustainable and innovative solutions for a range of community development projects, including:
- Transport planning, development and modelling
- Public transport systems and operations
- Water supply, treatment and wastewater
- Environmental monitoring, management, planning and permitting
- Waste planning and policy development
- Community involvement and stakeholder analysis
- Education and health sector development
- Legal and financial policies and frameworks