Finance & Economic Development
SMEC provides an integrated approach to finance and economic development, and understands the importance of a strong, well-regulated financial sector.
We provide finance and economic development assistance to governments and public institutions to help improve the efficiency and competitiveness of the finance sector, improve regulation and stability, and ultimately promote economic growth.
Through our multidisciplinary global network, we have the skills and experience needed to assist governments and public institutions to strengthen financial sector policies, and to identify and implement focused economic development programs.
We offer a full spectrum of finance and economic development services, including:
- Public sector strategy and reform management
- Economic strategy and policy
- Financial management
- Local government strengthening
- Public sector budget implementation, management and control
- Human resource management and development
- Tax reform and customs modernisation