SMEC provides a full range of health management and technical assistance services to deliver innovative healthcare solutions around the world, including health sector reform, primary health care, health promotion, capacity building and systems development.
Through our partnerships with health organisations, health departments and universities, we provide services for the planning, design, and delivery of hospitals, primary health care facilities and research clinics.
We complete investigations, feasibility studies and planning activities leading to the construction of health infrastructure and the implementation of health sector improvement programs.
At SMEC, we adopt a participatory approach to all health sector projects, ensuring community involvement and ownership of all new developments.
Our multidisciplinary team of experts have developed and refined our specialised health care service offering, which includes:
- Health services planning and development
- Health facilities and infrastructure
- Financial systems and technology
- Primary health care and training
- Maternal and child health
- Clinical epidemiology and management
- Infectious disease management and prevention
- Food and nutrition services
- Quality assurance systems
- Institutional strengthening
- Human resource management