SMEC’s team of Landscape Architects and Urban Designers have extensive experience in the design and delivery of public realm projects across the globe.
We pride ourselves on delivering innovative design solutions which are site responsive and underpinned by a focus to deliver sustainable outcomes for the environment and community.
SMEC also has extensive experience in producing robust Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments for a wide variety of projects, including renewable and conventional energy facilities, ports and linear infrastructure (road and rail). This includes the development of visual simulations as well as both on and off-site mitigation measures and negotiation with landowners on behalf of our Clients.
Critically, we provide integrated design, engineering and planning solutions that are led by our specialist Project Directors and Functional Leads.
Through our global network, we have demonstrated experience across the diverse field of landscape architecture.
We work with the public and private sector on urban and rural projects, bringing integrated landscape planning, design and management capabilities to a spectrum of projects, including:
- Integrated masterplans
- Major transport infrastructure
- Greenfield and infill urban developments
- Retail streetscapes and activity centres
- Commercial and industrial developments
- Waterfront, foreshore and marina developments
- Landscape and urban design guidelines
- Wetlands and Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD)
- School and university campus design
- Landscape and visual impact assessments
- Mitigation and site rehabilitation works