Roads, Bridges and Highways
Our specialist teams manage all aspects of engineering and advisory for roads and highways, including feasibility studies, design, construction, maintenance and asset management services. We draw on our extensive expertise in bridge structures, road alignment and pavement design, tunnelling and geotechnical engineering to provide advanced design and advisory solutions to complex challenges.
Using our specialist skills in transportation planning, design program management and asset support services, we help our clients to develop, expand, reconstruct and rehabilitate roads, bridges and highways around the world.
In addition, we offer advice on a range of Intelligent Transport Systems, including real-time public transport passenger information systems and traffic control systems.
Our bridge solutions extend to a range of bridge types including cantilever segmental bridges, steel box and conventional girder bridges, railway under-and-over bridges, major concrete arch bridges and cable stayed bridges.
We understand that the future of transport is changing, and we have deep experience developing sustainable, future-proof transport infrastructure investments.
Our expertise across roads, bridges and highways includes:
- Strategic and network planning
- Feasibility studies and toll concessions
- Road route selection and corridor assessments
- Public transport planning, needs analysis and route selection
- Road concept and detailed design
- Bridge and civil structural design
- Hydrology and stormwater management design for transport infrastructure
- Geotechnical engineering and pavement design
- Traffic impact analysis and traffic management
- Traffic signalling and management control systems
- Road Safety Assessments
- Condition assessments, reviews of structural design life and structure rehabilitation programs
“SMEC’s project management approach was excellent. They worked hard to understand and deliver our objectives and provided excellent value for money.”
Department of Transport and Main Roads