Intelligent Transport Systems
As part of SMEC’s fully integrated transport service offering, we provide Intelligent Transport Systems to help improve efficiency and safety across transport networks.
Intelligent Transport Systems use advanced information and communication technologies applied to vehicles and transport infrastructure to help improve traffic management, minimise congestion, improve safety, reduce the impact of maintenance activities and ultimately provide a more intelligent use of transport networks.
Through our global team of planners, communication experts and system engineers, we combine the latest technologies, processes and systems with our advanced knowledge and experience to address complex transport challenges.
We deliver advice on a range of Intelligent Transport Systems, including real-time public transport passenger information systems, bus priority systems, rail systems, parking systems tidal road systems and traffic control systems.
Our range of specialised Intelligent Transport Systems services include:
- Data communication networks
- Roads and highways traffic control and surveillance
- Traffic signalling systems
- Traffic management control systems
- Telecommunication networks
- Systems integration
- Traveller information systems
- Electronic toll collection systems
- Tunnel management and safety critical system