Traffic & Transport Planning
Our team of transport planners and traffic engineers have experience providing innovative solutions across transport infrastructure projects worldwide. Our capabilities include:
- Major corridor studies
- Strategic master planning
- Municipal structure plans
- Traffic impact assessments
Intersection functional layout designAt SMEC, we believe that consultation with the local community is essential to ensure transport solutions meet community expectations, and wider local, regional and national transport requirements. Our clients and stakeholders perform an active role in our projects, determining innovative and appropriate traffic and transport solutions for their communities.
Our traffic and transport planning services are all encompassing and include:
- Urban development and planning for pedestrian, bicycle, corridor and town centre projects
- Traffic engineering and design services
- Transport planning and economics
- Integrated transport solutions, including public transport studies and travel demand management
- Prefeasibility investigations, feasibility studies, traffic investigations, transport modelling, and corridor planning studies
These services can be provided at a local level, using locally-based traffic engineers and consultants.