SMEC in the Philippines
SMEC has operated in the Philippines since 1974, and established a permanent office in Manila in 1993. SMEC’s first project in the Philippines was the Australian Aid funded Zamboanga del Sur Development Project in Mindanao. This project comprised the rehabilitation of roads, bridges, water supply and wastewater services.
Since then, SMEC has been involved in a number of significant infrastructure projects throughout the Philippines. Recent projects include:
- preparation of all engineering and architecture works for the Manila Clark Railway Project and North South Railway Project, South Line;
- detailed design for the proposed 40 ha. New Government Administrative Center in New Clark City;
- value engineering design and design services for the NLEX SLEX Connector Road Project;
- feasibility study for the proposed power generation and distribution in San Vicente Flagship Tourism Enterprise Zone in Palawan;
- feasibility study for the Mangima Hydroelectric Power Project; and
- review of detailed engineering design and construction management/supervision for the New Centennial Water Source – Kaliwa Dam Project.