A reliable partner
SMEC was first appointed by the Millennium Development Authority (MiDA) in 2017 to provide engineering design, project management supervision and technical expertise. The Power Compact was completed over a five-year program involving multiple stakeholders in the Power and Energy Sector. New energy standards and reduced energy consumption have created momentum towards inclusive and sustainable economic growth that will continue long after the compact ends.
SMEC engineer Munesu Dizamuhupe added, “The Power Compact was initiated to help the power sector in Ghana resolve technical losses in the transmission system and non-technical losses like power theft. Most of the projects we implemented were all tailor-made to solve these solutions. In terms of solving non-technical losses, there were two things that we put in—a geographical system and meter management system.”
Completed infrastructure projects include:
- Kasoa and Pokuase Bulk Supply Points and associated Interconnecting lines
- Low Voltage Feeder Bifurcation and network improvement for 5 Districts within Accra
- High Voltage Distribution System and Security Lighting for 10 markets within Accra and Tamale
- Installation of Meter Management Systems (MMS)
- Implementation of Utility Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- AC Test Building and with installed Refrigerator Test Laboratory,
- Primary Substation and Interconnecting Circuit at the University of Ghana and Kanda.