● A world-leading team of highly skilled experts from Bechtel, Hatch, Marsh, PwC Australia and SMEC (Surbana Jurong Group), have assembled to deliver this multi gigawatt scale project.
● The Australia-Asia PowerLink (AAPowerLink) will be one of the world’s largest renewable energy projects and will harness Australia’s abundant solar energy resource to deliver world-class dispatchable, competitively priced renewable electricity into Darwin, Australia and Singapore.
● The AAPowerLink will unlock direct investment and job opportunities, R&D, knowledge sharing, and open up future growth in new and emerging industries.
● The AAPowerLink’s total carbon emissions abatement is estimated at 8.6 million tonnes of CO2e per year.
One of the world’s largest renewable energy infrastructure projects, the AUD30+ Billion Australia-Asia PowerLink (AAPowerLink), which will supply renewable electricity to Darwin and Singapore, reaches another milestone with the announcement of the Integrated Project Delivery Team (IPDT).
Bechtel, Hatch, Marsh, PwC Australia and SMEC (a member of the Surbana Jurong Group) provide a powerhouse of world-leading expertise – each company across different areas, to drive the future of renewable energy in Australia and the Indo-Pacific:
● Bechtel (Project Delivery), one of the world’s most respected engineering, construction and project management companies;
● Hatch (HVDC Transmission), a global engineering, project management, and professional services company, and leader in complex engineering solutions;
● Marsh (Risk Management), the world’s leading insurance broker and risk advisor;
● PwC Australia (Project Advisory), part of the PwC global network, delivering financial advisory,
legal, consulting and assurance professional services, comprising an integrated infrastructure offering; and
● SMEC (Solar Generation System), a global specialist engineering and design consultancy, and member of the Surbana Jurong Group, a provider of best-in-class infrastructure development solutions.
Photo caption: From L – R: Hari Poologasundrum, CEO SMEC, CEO International, Surbana Jurong Group; Wong Heang Fine, Group CEO, Surbana Jurong; Dr Fraser Thompson, Chief Strategy Officer, Sun Cable; Kiran Raj, Chief Financial Officer, Sun Cable
Hydropower investigation, Sierra LeoneHydropower investigation, Sierra Leone
Showcasing technical excellence at Madrid Footbridge Conference 2022Showcasing technical excellence at Madrid Footbridge Conference 2022
SMEC to lead major infrastructure development at Port Lae Tidal Basin (Phase 2)SMEC to lead major infrastructure development at Port Lae Tidal Basin (Phase 2)
Climate and Disaster Resilient Irrigation and Drainage set to reshape lives of farmers in TajikistanClimate and Disaster Resilient Irrigation and Drainage set to reshape lives of farmers in Tajikistan